Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can I view a cached version of my old Xanga page?

I had a Xanga profile about a year ago, but I shut it down. I had a very good friend that was on my subscribers list, but we only kept in touch via Xanga. I have no other contact info for them. I tried doing a Google search by typing in "Xanga" and my old username, but all I got was a different friends page where I had left a comment. I don't remember my friends username, therefore I'd have to see a cached picture of my old page to get their username. Can anybody help me out with this?

Can I view a cached version of my old Xanga page?
Try the Wayback machine.
Reply:Sure, if you're lucky that is. Try:





http://www.archive.org/web/web.php





Type in the webaddress of the website you want to see and if you're lucky they might have archived it. In that case you can specify the date and see your Xanga profile. Now I'm not certain that they'd archive a profile or how the Xanga website works so maybe, maybe not.

toothache

No comments:

Post a Comment